hello world!
I guess this is my official entrance into the blogging world. I'm excited about it! this blog was started so I could share all of my adventures and experiences in India this summer, but the preparation period before leaving is important too-vital, actually. I have never been in a place where the name of Jesus is not heard of or revered by the vast majority. this will definitely be a new and challenging experience where I need to stay connected to my roots in the Word. that will truly be my only source of rejuvenation in such a spiritually dry and dark place. unfortunately, I'm lacking in the discipline area, but God has really been strengthening that in me the past few weeks. I started a daily devotional on "Living a Divinely Inspired Life," and it has been so great. I wanted to share what God showed me in today's readings from Genesis 13.
In this chapter God makes the beautiful promise to Abraham that He will make his offspring "like the dust of the earth, so that if anyone could count the dust, than your offspring could be counted." That, people, is you and I. I love this promise and the fact that we are a product of it! But that's not what stood out the most to me. In the chapter, Abraham and Lot part ways because Lot chooses to purse a more fertile land- Sodom and Gomorrah. But Abraham remains in Canaan and stays faithful to God. God tells Abraham to look and see His promises before living them out-this takes so so much faith to do. this was great for me to read because it is the same way going into this 3rd world country that is so spiritually dark. God showed me that there has to be visualization before realization. That seeing God's purpose for my life empowers me to be expectant of the end result.
"You must be able to visualize your moon before you can aim for it and walk on it to leave your footprints."
i like it! cant wait to hear all about your trip via bloggin! i love you and am so excited for the impact you will make with Christ's truth on India, as well as the impact your work in India has on you
ReplyDeletethank you so much laura!! you are so encouraging! I didn't know about your blog before, I'm excited to keep up with you on that now that you're an alumni:( perks of blogging!
Delete