Monday, May 28, 2012

BEEF.

I would like to dedicate this post to beef. It doesn't have a lot to do with this post. I'm just going to miss it and I thought I would pay my respects. Today was a great day of exploring the Paseo Arts Festival with some wonderful friends. We basically sweated our faces off-it was glorious. Oh, and this is my last (of all two of them) post from the good ole US of A. It will probably be a little all over the place so my apologies. GUYS. I had my last burger for a long time today, compliments of Kaisers- SO good. most precious diner I've been to and they won my heart by playing some of my very favorite oldies. An overall good day. many laughs and good times (cookie, anissa, and kaiti;)) I don't know if I would recommend the vanilla bean ice cream at Kaisers though. I'll leave it at that.





I came home to a family friend who couldn't stop telling me how great it is that we're going to India and how excited she is for me. So many encouraging words, and they couldn't have come at a better time. To each and every one of my supporters- THANK YOU. I can not say how much it means to me that you believe in me and in what God is doing in India. I could seriously talk about it all day- I'm beyond grateful for the love and encouragement. I can't wait for God to bless your giving and to see its fruit this summer. I'm sort of ridiculously happy just thinking about it. Surprisingly I haven't really experienced fear of going and sharing the Gospel in India. I know God has used the Word and the incredible people in my life to give me the assurance that I need. I have just had random moments of nervousness and God has reminded me that He has equipped me for this. I read about spiritual gifts this week and I love that we all have our own special gifts that we can choose to use and when we do, we thrive(1 Corinthians 12:4-12). 

I'm so excited to be going on this exciting adventure with the incredible people on my team. When I look at my team there is not a doubt in my mind that God hand picked us all for this and it shows me even more that He knows exactly what He's doing. I can not wait to spend time with them, get to know them, serve them, and learn from them. Not everyone gets to be surrounded by such wonderful people with a heart for God and the boldness to share it. I can't wait to see how God uses all of our gifts in different ways for the same purpose. Do I really get to be a part of all this?! So blessed, so encouraged, so excited. Hey, I packed today. Bam. I really am going to India for six weeks. wait....what?!


3 comments:

  1. sarah!!! im SO excited for you to start this unbelievable journey in your life! i know you will do amazing things in India and i will be praying for you every step of the way!! i love you, you're gorgeous, keep posting pictures, and i hope you bought that guitar in your first picture... :)

    LOVE YOU!!!
    -Courtney Mahon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO so much sweet friend! that means so much-prayers are everything!! I'm real excited! I hope you have a wonderful summer as well and I'm excited to read all about it on your blog! and about that guitar.. it was a bit north of my price range but it was inspiration for a mosaic project! I've never done one, could be interesting! love you and thank you for being so encouraging, it really does help me so much!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SARAHHHH I am soooo excited for you! I seriously can not wait to see all God has in store for you! Please post pictures and blogs I will be all over it! I am praying for you! Love ya sit sat

    ReplyDelete