There have been SO many funny stories that have happened while we have been here in such a short amount of time. Naturally flying for 24 hours to a third world country with some crazy Americans, funny stories were inevitable. This post will mostly be about the funny stories I can remember, but I also want to include the most exciting past of my adventures here so far- sharing the Gospel for the first time and hanging out with an incredible group of girls! But I'll start with the stories
First really funny story: we got stopped and asked to be extras in a Bollywood film...
This was hilarious. I think the guys were actually legitimate.. I mean they had business cards... haha that probably means nothing. But they offered to pay us 500 rupees! It sounds like a lot, right? It's actually 10 dollars. And they ended up cancelling on us. Needless to say, it was still a funny experience.
Something else that never fails to make me laugh is watching the thunder games here in India with all of us being huge fans. I think the following pictures sum up what a 6:30am morning is like on game day...
First really funny story: we got stopped and asked to be extras in a Bollywood film...
This was hilarious. I think the guys were actually legitimate.. I mean they had business cards... haha that probably means nothing. But they offered to pay us 500 rupees! It sounds like a lot, right? It's actually 10 dollars. And they ended up cancelling on us. Needless to say, it was still a funny experience.
Something else that never fails to make me laugh is watching the thunder games here in India with all of us being huge fans. I think the following pictures sum up what a 6:30am morning is like on game day...
Yup.
And then there was the time when we met the older brother character from Slum Dog Millionaire... This was so funny. We were in a mall called Phoenix Mall hanging out with our friends Sukku, Zenia, and a few other girls, and Sukku wanted us to meet her friend who had been going to college in Colorado. So we went to Haagen Das in the same mall to meet her and she was with a huge group of friends. She introduced us to her boyfriend who was the actor from Slum Dog, this guy:
So of course we didn't believe them at all at first, but then I made them show me his ID and google his name and it really was him! But he was so so embarrassed that we knew he was in that movie. Most people from India hate that movie because it puts India in a bad light. He was denying it so much, but all his friends were insisting it was really him. It was pretty funny to watch all these Indians laugh and joke with one another at this guys expense. Of course we had to get a picture with him.. this just sent all his Indian friends rolling laughing. They thought it was the funniest thing.
Next story: there's this place we all like to go to and meet college students called Candies and it's a really cool place that has like three floors and you can sit outside on the top floors. Me, Kelby, and Hannah met some really cool girls outside and we sat and talked with them for a while. While we were sitting there, a bird pooped on kelby's arm and on my bag...and since we're in India this was more funny than gross. Just another day in the life...
So, more recently... as in yesterday... we went to meet up with some friends we'd met a couple days ago and share the Gospel with them and hang out. These girls are SO much fun. They took us to a place called Cafe by the Beach. It might be too early to make such bold claims, but I'm pretty sure it's my favorite restaurant in Mumbai. When Hannah and I got there, the waiter was super friendly and asked us if we wanted "to make friendship." It didn't register that this means date or something like that.. so I just smiled and said thanks like I would with any other waiter.. just trying to be nice, ya know? But then he asked for our number and I didn't get what he was asking at first so he ended up asking like three times. At that point, I just felt really bad so I said our phones only work in the US which is really true. BUT my India phone was right next to my iPhone and RIGHT that minute it started ringing.. and he just points at it and says "um I think your phone is ringing..." oops. Funny story, right? It was the most fun I've had hanging out with Indian friends so far. I legitimately love every one of them.. there were six of them and I pray that they will all hear the Gospel before I leave. I know we will still be friends when I leave here.
Cafe by the Beach!
yes that is sand. and an open ceiling.. and beachfront. obsessed
flirty waiter.....
a few of our friends!
Zenia ordered a delicious chocolate!
me and Zenia! Such a sweet friend.
Me, Ishita , Zenia, and Sukrita!
all of the girls:)
this is hard to see but this is a guy from our team, Will, and his new Indian friend. They were dancing! The Indian guy is a dancer, but he was too embarrassed to dance in front of us alone so Will joined him. It was pretty great to say the least.
me and Hannah- she is so great! The past few days she and I have been going out and meeting new friends and sharing the Gospel. I have learned so much from her gentle and quiet spirit- definitely a 1 Peter 3:3-4 kind of girl. I am always so encouraged and inspired my her. I am very blessed to have been paired with her and I'm so excited to see how God uses us in the relationships we have made.
We also go to share with these great girls the same day! We were SO so blessed to have Megan Fitzgerald grace us with her presence and teach us her ways. She and another incredible girl, Paige Cox, were visiting for a couple of days. She is not in the picture, she was behind the camera. She has been living in Pune, India for the past year and will be there for the next two years doing ministry. It was incredible to watch her and learn from her-we are so grateful she was able to take time out of her day to hang out with us!
There are actually a lot more funny stories that I can think of that I don't have time or pictures to explain. Basically, there is never a dull moment here. We will be meeting with girls and sharing the Gospel with them all week next week- I will try to take pictures and keep you posted. Thanks again for all of the prayers and support. We really are seeing fruit here. God has given us SO much favor with the Indians. They are constantly texting us and initiating with US. It is incredible and more than we could ask. Keep the prayers coming, they are moving hearts in India!
So that's all I have for now. Peace and blessins.






Sarah, I finally got a chance to catch up on your blog. I love every single post and every picture! I'm so proud of you that I'm moved to tears when I read what wonderful things you and doing and spreading the gospel. You are a true inspiration. Praying for you and your group. Be careful and have fun. Love you sister! -Vicky
ReplyDeleteHI SARAH, HOW ARE YOU DOING? I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU AND A BIT WORRIED ABOUT YOU. PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL. I AM PRAYING FOE YOU. DO U REMEMBER DR UDUAK? HER SON IS THERE AT INDIA, HE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU.
ReplyDeleteSARAH PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH AND DON'T DO THIS TO ME.
I LOVE AND MISS YOU.
-MOM
SARAH I JUST WANT TO SAY KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB, SO SO PROUD OF YOU. THE GREATEST THING YOU CAN DO FORNTHE LORD IS TO SHARE THE GOSPEL.MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO PERFECT THAT WHICH HE HAS STARTED IN YOU. CONT, TO SHINE WITH SMILE. GOD BLESS YOU.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU.
-MOM